Over 400 pages of practical digital marketing advice with downloadable worksheets and video guides.
With this book, I will help you figure out where your tours and activities business currently sits, and the path it needs to take to grow. I will also provide the tools to get there by offering practical advice, worksheets, and videos. Ultimately, the aim of this book is to help turn your online lookers into revenue-generating bookers.
If you are a tours and activities operator, you are in a unique position. Be it walking tours, cycling tours, bus tours or an axe throwing experience (amazing, you must try it), you have the opportunity to enhance the life of someone who experiences one of your amazing products. But before you can do this, people first need to know that your business, and your product, exists. For this, you’ll need to put some time and thought into your digital marketing.
When you begin working on digital marketing in the T&A sector, it can be easy to get lost in the sea of social media platforms, online travel agents (OTAs) and Google rankings, but bad digital marketing is normally down to just one thing — a poorly conceived or non-existent digital strategy.
My hope is that ‘Lookers into Bookers’ helps tour operators around the globe to grow their brands and flourish online. The tours and activities sector is growing as more and more travellers seek authentic or exciting experiences. As more people plan the entirety of their trips online, good digital marketing and social media are a necessary road to success.
At 80k words, ‘Lookers into Bookers’ is not a glancing attempt to cover the subject; it provides all of the tools you need to market your tours and activities business successfully.
How this book will help you:
- BRAND WORKSHOP FOR TOUR PROVIDERS
- My brand workshop will help you and your team find where your business sits, where it needs to go, and how to get there.
- 90-DAY+ CONTENT MACHINE
- I will provide the tools you need to create 90 days of story-driven content ideas from just one video.
- TRAVEL FACEBOOK AD FUNNEL
- I will provide you with a Facebook Ad funnel that will gain you lots of targeted potential customers, without breaking the bank.
- TOURISM MARKETING STRATEGY
- If you want customers, you’re going to need to actively get out there and find them, and then let them know you exist. I show you how.
- COMPETITOR ANALYSIS
- Without researching your market, customers, and competitors, you are effectively promoting your business blind. Let data drive your decisions.
- VIDEO MARKETING FOR TOUR PROVIDERS
- Video is, hands down, one of the best marketing tools you can use and there is no excuse not to use it to promote your brand and connect with customers. I will show you how.
- RANKING ON TRIPADVISOR
- With this workshop, I will explore the best ways to use TripAdvisor; I will explain how Tripadvisor rankings your business and how to generate positive reviews and improve your rankings.
- EMAIL MARKETING MASTERY
- Create a stream of organically built subscribers that engage with your brand in exchange for the value you offer. Allow me to show you how to effectively build an email list.
- MARKETING AUTOMATION
- I will cover the basics of using marketing automation to efficiently and affordably generate leads for your business while you sleep.
Chris Torres is the director and founder of the Tourism Marketing Agency and has 26 years’ experience in brand development, design & marketing. Chris also produces a video series called The Digital Tourism Show, creating over 200 videos of free tourism marketing advice.
Six Steps to Success:
- Step 1: Who do You Think You are?
- Step 2: Laying the Foundations
- Step 3: Know Thy Neighbour
- Step 4: Becoming a Content Machine
- Step 5: Implementation
- Step 6: Report. Review. Repeat.
Having worked with Chris on a number of projects over the years, and having the pleasure of hearing him speak at various events, there is no doubt he knows his stuff! If you need to get your tourism brand moving in the market Chris is definitely the guy to assist you.
Chris and his team at TMA have the ability to execute marketing strategies that are unlike anything I’ve seen in the tour & activity industry. He and his team don’t just hit the bullseye, they blow it to pieces... again and again.
There are 2 groups on Facebook that are keeping me informed about what is going on in the industry, and one of them is created by Chris. Every time we talk to Chris there is a moment of inspiration and a great brainstorming session. Happy to know a person who is an expert in this sector and will definitely keep following for advice and an exchange of ideas.
Whether you are just starting on your digital marketing journey, or you are far along on your adventure, use Lookers Into Bookers as a guide to strategy and prioritisation, as a hands-on practical resource, as a checklist of best practices, but also as a companion on your never-ending path through the digital change that lies ahead.
Since i joined the tourism industry, Chris has been the go to guy for me. He always has his finger on the pulse and thinks one step ahead of everyone else when it comes to reacting to the latest industry developments. I’ve found his advice to be invaluable on several occasions.
Having worked with TMA for the last 6 months, I can confidently say there really is no other company that compares to their understanding of the tourism industry. A 36. 7% increase in revenue from my previous year, and a 328% return from my Adwords spend says it all.
The world of marketing can often be a black hole. There are so many moving parts that can easily overwhelm you if you let it. This is where TMA truly excels. They removed the ‘guesswork’ and provided me with a clear and detailed work plan for the upcoming year. I would strongly recommend everyone to consider TMA to assist them with their marketing strategy.
Chris is an amazing resource. As a very small tour company, I was amazed by his honesty, openness, and immediate support of my requests. This is a gem of a human. . . a rare find.
TMA have been instrumental in helping us grow the Gray Line Iceland brand. The extra bookings and revenue we have received from their marketing efforts have been nothing short of remarkable.
I am a huge admirer of Chris Torres and his Digital Tourism Show video series. The man gives away so much knowledge around increasing revenue for free... If I watched one of his videos I could have saved myself $400!
Thank you for all the great things you have been sharing on your Digital Tourism Show group. Your ideas and insights have inspired improvements for 2019 that will help many of our partners. They wouldn’t have been the same without your input.
Chris is the first person I call upon with any tour marketing challenges. This book is a must read