If you’re in the business of sales and marketing, understanding this journey is crucial. It’s not just about making a sale; it’s about recognising potential opportunities to enhance the customer experience and, in turn, boost your sales.
Watch the video below for a full explanation and example of the customer journey…
Mapping the Journey
1. Dreaming Moments
This is the stage where potential customers are in the realm of possibilities. They’re exploring options, destinations, and ideas without any concrete plans. Their minds are open, and they’re seeking inspiration.
- Key Questions: What platforms and tools are they using during this phase? What type of content captivates them? What keywords or phrases might they be searching for?
2. Planning Moments
Once a destination or product catches their eye, they move to the planning phase. Now, they’re zeroing in on specifics: the perfect dates, flights, accommodations, and activities.
- Key Questions: Which tools and platforms aid them in this meticulous planning? Are they using comparison sites, reading reviews, or seeking recommendations?
3. Booking Moments
The research is done, and it’s decision time. Potential customers are now ready to make their purchases, be it booking tickets, reserving rooms, or buying products.
- Key Questions: What platforms are they using for these transactions? Are they more inclined to book directly or through third-party platforms?
4. Experiencing Moments
The anticipation is over, and the actual experience begins. Whether it’s a trip they’ve been dreaming of or a product they’ve eagerly awaited, this is when they immerse themselves fully.
- Key Questions: How do they interact with your brand during this phase? If they’re travellers, how do they engage with locals or fellow travellers?
5. Sharing Moments
In today’s digital age, experiences don’t remain personal for long. Customers love sharing their journeys, be it through pictures, reviews, or stories.
- Key Questions: Which social media platforms do they prefer? Is it the visual appeal of Instagram, the short bursts on TikTok, or the community feel of Facebook?
By understanding these moments, you can tailor your sales and marketing strategies to meet your customers right where they are. So, are you ready to bridge any gaps and seize those missed opportunities?
Customer Journey Toolkit
Fine out more here: https://customerjourneytoolkit.com
Whether you’re brainstorming solo or with a team, this toolkit acts as a framework and catalyst, sparking creativity and fostering unique, innovative ideas.